Job Title: Activity Instructor (18+)
Location: We have centres in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds & Taverham
Contract: Fixed-term – 28th June – 15th August
Salary: £262.40 – £427.28 per week less optional accommodation
Hours of work: 40 – 48 per week
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Xplore has been one of the largest established independent youth travel providers for over 30
years, offering a range of activity, educational and cultural packages for children and young
people, throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide on a residential, daily & boarding basis.
We are very aware that a company has to ‘feel’ right when you are looking for employment. We
believe we are a company with a very sociable and friendly approach.
What will you do?
Deliver safe and enjoyable activity sessions for groups of approximately 12 Xplore participants
on activities. We will train you up to gain National Governing Body awards for such activities as
Archery and Climbing and you will also complete in-house training for many more activities to
give you a wide range of skills to prepare you for the summer.
• Be passionate about working with children and young adults.
• Attend internal and external training courses organised by Xplore.
• Support children in non-activity time with their needs.
• Be friendly and enthusiastic.
• Be familiar with your responsibilities in line with the company Welfare Policy & Prevent
Strategy and proactively enforce these principles while working for Xplore.
• Supervise excursions and ensure groups leave/ arrive on time, as well as ensuring
entrance times are met.
• Take responsibility for an activity area that you are competent in and ensure that Xplore
guidelines are adhered to.
• Be able to oversee the safety and well being of children, and accompanying adults, under
• Be flexible with working hours of the day to meet the demands of the job and willing to go
‘that extra mile’
• Supervise activities, which you will be trained and assessed in so you are able to lead.
• Be familiar with all the statements in the site specific Xplore Health & Safety Policy
Statement and Company Culture to observe safe working methods.
• Plan appropriately for the activities that you are timetabled for.
• Follow the systems in place for equipment management and record keeping.
• Protect and conserve all properties belonging to the company.
• At least once per week carry out the duties for ‘Duty Day’
• Check communal rooms and external facilities;! [email protected]
Language | Group Travel | High School | Activity Camps
• Supervise the orderly conduct of meals;
• Patrol the building after lights out to ensure all the children are settled;
• Secure the building;
• Report any incidents to senior staff.
• Assist any person requiring medical treatment or refer to a qualified First Aider.
• Assist in the changeovers for the arrival and departure of children in whatever capacity is
• Report any accident or near miss occurrence.
• Report faults on machinery, activity equipment, fabric of the building and vehicles.
• Assist in the checking and maintaining of activity equipment according to In-House
• Assist in the moving of equipment to and from Centres and the set-up, and takedown of
that equipment when necessary.
• Gaining satisfactory DBS clearance.
We are looking for:
• A confident communicator
• Ability to instruct activities
• Willingness to learn
• Attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
To apply please visit www.xploretheworld.com/careers
Contact: Simon Catton: HR Manager
T: 01449 778 296
E: [email protected]
Offerd SalaryNot Applicable
Career LevelNot Applicable
LocationIpswich, Bury St Edmunds & Taverham
Vacancy TypeFull Time